19 February 2018

How to stop wall anchors from spinning and rotating

Trying to get a wall anchor from spinning while installing a screw is frustrating but I found a solution.

Sometimes the plastic anchor is too long and will not go all the way into the wall. Using dykes to cut off the end allows the anchor to embed itself and be flush with the wall. 

If the anchor still spins, use superglue on the threads and part of the anchor that sticks into the wall. This will prevent the anchor from rotating while you install the screw. 

I tried this technique and it worked after installing rods into the wall to hang curtains. I was extremely frustrated with anchors not going all the way in and churning up my drywall. I tried to hold the anchor still with tools while installing the screw, but ultimately superglue works the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment