02 April 2016

BMW Transmission Malfunction Warning

BMW Transmission woes.

I was driving a E90 335i and merging onto the highway when a yellow gear with an exclamation showed up on my dash. iDrive said "Transmission Malfunction. Drive moderately and Reduced Acceleration."

The transmission was stuck in gear and would not downshift or upshift. This was particularly scary going from 75 mph to 45 mph and driving way too slow on the highway. I got off at the nearest exit and quickly pulled over. I shut the car down and then restarted and the warning went away.

Everything seems normal and I have made a service appointment at the dealer to see what is going on. The 335i is under CPO warranty. I will keep you posted on what BMW says.

Symptoms: I noticed the 335i was awkwardly shifting and slipping before I got on the highway. A month ago I was stopped at an intersection and when the light turned green, I took my foot off the brake and the car lurched forward. When I am coming to a stop on a downhill road, the car will shudder and I hear a grinding noise.

Result: Transmission fluid was two quarts low and the fault only occurred once.

1 comment:

  1. Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, CPU Liquid Cooling Fans in UAE, Vortex Omega 120mm Fans in UAE
    https://pcdubai.com/cougar-helor-omega/
    Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1633677465898-9

    ReplyDelete