16 April 2016

Cougar Vortex PWM 120 Cooling CF-V12HPB Black Fan



The Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB is the best 120mm fans I have purchased.

These fans replace the annoyingly loud stock fans on my Corsair H100i CPU cooler. The Corsair fans sound like jet engines on startup and scream under load. The Vortexes produce a soft whir on startup and hum at idle which is barely noticeable. It is eerily quiet on startup after being used to the super loud startup. I wish Corsair didn't cheaped out on their fans because I really like their coolers. 

I prefer the Cougars over my Noctua NF-F12 PWM because of its value ($13 vs. $20). Going with the Cougars will save a bit of money if you decide to run the push/pull setup on the Corsair coolers. They are both great and the Noctua has nicer packaging and fit, but I feel the Cougar Vortex is better all around.

I have noticed a 3-6 Celsius drop according to the Asus Thermal Radar on my Sabertooth Motherboard at idle and full load. I believe the longer and steeper blades move more air over the stock stubby Corsair blades.

I am very happy with my purchase and suggest anyone to replace the stock Corsair cooling fans with Cougar Vortexes.


1 comment:

  1. Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, CPU Liquid Cooling Fans in UAE, Vortex Omega 120 mm Fans in UAE
    https://pcdubai.com/cougar-120-mm-fans/
    Cougar Helor 120mm Fans in UAE, Safe Shopping Multiple Payment Options Express Delivery PC Dubai Moneyback Guarantee.
    1633662306833-11

    ReplyDelete